Sunday, October 10, 2010

Supplies of venison Dangerously low!!!!

As the 2010 deer season progresses it is obvious that the weather is NO going to cooperate. The first weekend was perfect temperatures were cool and the deer were moving like crazy. Now it seems that mother nature throws us that proverbial curve ball. As weather approaches the 70's and even 80's it is very hard to shoot and process a deer before it spoils. My stashes of venison are dwindling rapidly. And now I have another hurdle to overcome; they are LOGGING the woods where I hunt, now anyone who hunts these wise animals knows that it doesn't take much to change their travel habits. My only hope is that some of them stick around. My family DEPENDS on me getting a good harvest every year to offset the cost of buying meat from the store, and besides that the jerky and snack stick are loved by my entire family!!! God Bless...... LUMPY

1 comment:

  1. Lumpy,

    Do you have any suggestions for avoiding dear while driving? While I know there is no sure fire thing, but in certain states there are an over abundance of deer in the road than in the field...

    Also, if you do happen to hit a deer, can you take it and have it processed?

    Maybe you can blog on this topic?

    Just giving you some "food for thought"

    ReplyDelete